Thursday, June 17, 2010

Ways to crack yourself up.

Write a book. Get it published. Wait a few days. Then Google yourself...





A new genre! What kind of books do you write, Lynn? Literary fiction? Womens fiction? Chick lit? No, I write shellfish romances. Good old fashioned clam meets clam stories. You know, ones that are set in China? Will the public never tire of them?





Ok, John Lithgow. Now we're talking. And a palooza, perhaps even a quilt-making one. In France. And somehow I have been invited to this fete. Magnifique!





Well there's the alphabetical proximity, I suppose. Or is Google messing with my head? Can it know my deepest, darkest secret, that I was once an official member of the Partridge Family Fan Club? Then it also should know it wasn't Danny who came to me in my dreams!





This will be news to my mother.





By numbers? Oils? Finger paints? On velvet?






Whoa! I have NEVER had a video taken of me in a cheap hot tub. Only top of the line, baby.







And here, at last, is when you know you've reached the end of your narcissistic interlude. Still, loving the randomness of having all the words appear in a single post. Like a found poem. A really, really bad one.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

"This will be news to my mother." HAHAHAHAHA!

Susan Gilbert-Collins said...

Lynn, what advice do you have for those of us interested in breaking into the shellfish romance market?

I've eaten and loved shrimp for years, but never dared write about it...

Lynn Kiele Bonasia said...

Lol. Susan, come out with your (pan-) searing tell all. I'm sure it will be well received. In China.